Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Pictures...

Blogger isn't cooperating today and so I can't post any new pics. :(

So I figured I would pull out my little notepad that I try to scribble down cute things the children say and share a few. :)

Awhile back Caleb announced at the dinner table that he was going to get married...to Charis! Not too surprising, I know, since most children think that at one time or another but it is still cute when you explain to them that they can't and then they ask you who are they going to marry?! And then Caleb ended it off saying he was going pray for a wife. ;)

Our midwife has been a family friend for many years and is more than just a midwife. Each month she has a little meeting for moms. I hadn't been in awhile but I went recently. C & C are both aware of who "Mrs. Sharon" is and what her vocation is in life. Charis saw me leaving she asked me where I was going. When I told her that I was going to see Mrs. Sharon she said, "Ooooh!! And will you bring back a boy baby?!" (Something they have been starting to ask for. ;) I tell them they have to pray and ask God for one. )

Caleb saw a bird on the ground and informed me that, "That bird has a beak on it's nose and it just beaked the ground." :)

Lately as we are out walking or driving if Charis catches sight of a VW bug she says, "Oh Mommy! That's a pretty car." or "I like that car!" :) I had told Charles this and he replied with his mechanical thinking process of how that is the worst car for breaking down, having problems, etc... So now every time Caleb hears Charis say that he kindly informs her that she shouldn't like that car cause it breaks. :)

Caleb got a bug catcher a little while ago and has been having a great time. It came with a little pair of orange plastic tweezers which he misplaced one day. He came and asked me if I knew where his "pinchers" were. I was like, "Oh, you want your tweezers." He replied, "No Mommy, I want my pinchers. Tweezers are for getting hair out of your ears." Ha! Guess he's seen mommy at work on daddy one too many times... :)

During devotions we will do catechisms sometimes with the children. When we were working on "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Charis made her answer into a concise and emphatic, "No god!" So now, almost every day whether we are doing catechism or not. If Charles even looks at her during devotion she thinks he is asking her a question and says, "No god!" You really have to be there to get the full effect. :)

Before we got the truck painted and lettered Charles got a sample of paint and did a trial run on a old truck door we had. Caleb was with him and helped him as he printed out the logo and stuff and put it on the door to see if we liked it. Well, after we got the truck painted and it was at the shop getting lettered Caleb wanted to know where it was at. I explained to him that now that it was painted we were getting it lettered. He was kind of upset about it being gone and told me that he and daddy could just glue the letters on themselves like they did on the door!

I hope everyone is doing well, I gotta run and get dinner before church tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, very funny. Especially about the VW bug and the catechism answer. I love how the children say funny things... it keeps you laughing.

    ReplyDelete