Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A reminder

I was reminded this week of the importance of what we let influence our children.

They are watching, looking, soaking in all that is around them and it is important for me to remember to try my best to have only wholesome things surround them.

Charis and Mercy were looking through a JoAnn's advertisement and saw this picture. I had seen it but didn't give it a second glance or thought. They saw it though and came to me asking if I could do their hair like the girl in the picture. Part of me was surprised at them having noticed her and asking me to imitate her. But it was a wake up call to make sure, especially while they are so young and impressionable, to help them protect eye gate, ear gate etc. And to encourage them to strive after imitating Christ who left us an example to follow.

I did let them have their hair done like her, they were very excited but these are just some thoughts that came to mind. :)


"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" 1 Peter 1:21

2 comments:

  1. Philippis 4:8 is one of my favorite verses. :) And those are really thought-provoking thoughts. Influence is huge. just have to make sure the influence is good, or it can be really devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least they didn't want the lamp in the picture in their room! :) They have their momma's eye for detail, though. Great reminder, Jeni! Their minds are so impressionable.

    ReplyDelete