Saturday, January 24, 2009

Have I mentioned...

...that I extrememely dislike the fact that new corningware cannot be put on the stove? Growing up all my mother's collection could and when Charles and I got married he had some older ones too. We received some new ones too as wedding gifts and they all got mixed together. I did not remember to check if this was a new one or an old before I put it on the stove...makes heating up leftovers for lunch a little more complicated when you go to pick it up off the burner to serve it up and the top pulls off in your hand and you have to pop the base off the burner with a metal spatula. Oh well, life is full of little happenings like these, isn't it? Or am I the only one who experiences them?! ;)

oops
guess I need to learn how to read...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! this post made me laugh...not becuase I'm horribly mean, but because I've done this type of thing MANY times! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who gets to experience life's little happenings.

    If ever you want a really fun mess to clean up, try puting a glass baking dish on a stove buner. Now that's fun glass confetti that goes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's too bad. I remember being able to use my Mom's corningware on the stove too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how terrible! How tragic... Though I do have to admit, that I never knew that any Corningware could be used on the stovetop; we never have. Sorry for you, that would be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww....I feel your pain! I do things like that all the time! Nice to know I'm not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete